Each year, operations leaders gather at Ops-Stars to learn, share insights, best practices, and network to grow into the next generation of business leaders. Ops-Stars 2018 is bigger and better than ever.
Here, we’ll look at some of the stellar content we’re bringing to you …
5 Reasons to Go to Ops-Stars
Before we dive in, let’s look at the top five reasons that you (yes, you) should come to Ops-Stars.
- Inspiring content.
- Fun networking events.
- It’s free.
- Practical advice.
- Seriously, it’s free.
Long story short, if you want to follow the money into the heart of all things ops, you need to come to Ops-Stars.
Now, let’s start exploring some of the outstanding content you’ll find at Ops-Stars.
At Ops-Stars 2018, you can expect to see keynotes and breakout sessions from an array of industry leaders, including:
- LeanData: Evan Liang, CEO
- Forrester: Laura Ramos, VP, principal analyst, B2B marketing
- Salesforce Pardot: Nate Skinner, VP, product marketing
- RingCentral: Anjaj “AJ” Gandhi, VP, sales strategy and operations
- G2 Crowd: Godard Abel, co-founder and CEO
- Xactly: Chris Cabrera, founder and CEO
- GE Digital: Pat Oldenburg, senior director, digital marketing and operations
- Shasta Ventures: Doug Pepper, managing director
- SiriusDecisions: Dana Therrien, service director, sales ops strategies
- DataFox: Mike Dorsey, co-founder
- Splunk: Renaud Bizet, senior director, marketing strategy and operations
This year’s Ops-Stars will include two days of captivating sessions.
Here’s a sample of Day 1 sessions, as well as the leading companies you’ll be hearing from at each one:
- Make ABM Actually Work: A Blueprint Forward - RollWorks
- Operating in a Non-Operations Driven Team - Airbnb
- 2019 Is a Quarter Away: How to Avoid Chaos During Forecasting and Planning Season - Twilio | Tealium | Periscope Data
- Build a Killer Tech Stack That Benefits Sales and Marketing - Marchex
- The Evolution of Revenue Ops and Where It’s Headed - DataFox | Namely | Terminus
- How MarTech Can Turn Your Sailing Ship Into a Battleship - Sage Intacct
- How to Build a Data Stack to Fit Your Strategy - Outreach | DataFox)
- Transitioning Your Sales Organization to Account-Based Marketing - Terminus
And don't forget to check out IBM’s Women Innovators Network’s panel discussion session on Men as Allies. Join C-suite executives from Bluewolf (IBM), SalesLoft, Coupa, Betterworks, and LeanData, as they discuss bridging the gap between awareness and advocacy among male allies in the workplace.
You’ll have the opportunity to learn how a diverse group of C-level executive leaders has been able to ignite cultural shifts and drive more balanced leadership across their teams and organizations.
Here’s a sample of Day 2 sessions and the innovative companies they’ll feature:
- How to Optimize for Growth Leading to a Successful Exit - G2 Crowd | Xactly | Shasta Ventures
- AI In the Sales and MarTech Stack: Nothing to Fear - Google Cloud | IDC | Demandbase | 6Sense
- Data-Fueled Deal Engines: How the Best Revenue Teams Use Data to Save Time and Drive Bigger Deals - DataFox
- GDPR and Our Web Forms Nightmare - Pitney Bowes
- How to Scale an Outbound Prospecting Strategy Using Real Time Signals - DataFox | Demandbase | Chorus.ai
- Communicating the ROI of Ops to Executives - Concord
- Sales Operations Guide to Territory Carving and Management - Sigstr
- A B2B Revenue Ops Success Framework and Model - Heinz Marketing
- ABM On a Budget: How to Get the Most Out of Your Strategy - Glint
- The Rise of the Customer-Centric Company (The ‘3 Cs’) - TOPO
For the first time ever, we will have Ops-Stars workshops, which are 90-minute strategy and planning sessions. Best of all, each one will show you how sales and marketing ops can help you follow the money in real-world scenarios. This year’s standout workshops include:
Connecting Data to People Across any Go-to-Market Model
Today companies leverage a wide variety of GTM strategies and tactics to grow their revenue. In this session, LeanData product experts will walk you through the process, metrics, and future state of multiple GTM strategies - such as inbound, outbound, ABM, Demand Unit Waterfall, etc. Learn best practices from real-world examples of how businesses leverage LeanData Matching, Routing and Marketing Attribution to ensure they get to revenue faster. Irrespective of how you design your sales and marketing funnel, the LeanData platform can be customized to connect your CRM data to the right people in the organization who can use it to win deals. Attend this session to learn how to thrive with multiple GTM strategies and optimize them constantly.
Sales as a Science
Here, you’ll learn to map and instrument your process, benchmark and analyze your business, identify and implement key improvement initiatives, and build a lasting culture of Sales as a Science. During the workshop, you’ll practice these concepts on real case studies. Participants will leave with templates they can apply to their own business, as well as a Sales as a Science Foundation Certificate.
Real World ABM Workshop
This workshop will focus on showing you how to improve your ABM program in the real world. You’ll learn the very same strategies, tactics, templates and “better practices” that Intelligent Demand uses successfully with its clients, as well as the critical components of a successful ABM program and how they fit together. Participants will go home with a workbook filled with templates and expert advice.
Marketing Attribution Masters
Attend this workshop to experience a 90-minute crash course in reporting ROI within your organization. From how to structure your marketing data to how to setup LeanData’s attribution product, you’ll come away from this workshop with a wealth of attribution knowledge.
How to Build Your Own Martech Stack From GreenFig
Marketers today have a myriad of choices about where to invest their marketing technology dollars. What is the best place to start? And, what should the tech rollout plan be? How can you optimize your tech budget without overspending? With well over 5,000 technology vendors to choose from, it can be overwhelming. In this interactive session, you'll review the major players in the marketing automation space and discuss how to build a realistic tech stack by identifying the strategy, goals and the most impactful metrics that will lead to success.
Fun Networking Opportunities
At Ops-Stars, you won’t just spend all your time at keynotes, sessions and workshops — you’ll also have the opportunity to network with other ops professionals at several fun get-togethers:
Cocktails in the Vault
Head downstairs to the Mint’s underground vaults to attend a cocktail reception hosted by S&P Global.
When: Tuesday, September 25, 2018 at 5:30 p.m
Where: The Vault, the downstairs section of the San Francisco Mint
Who’s Invited: All Ops-Stars attendees
Party at Temple Night Club, Tuesday Night
After the first day of the conference, join DemandBase and LeanData and walk just 15 minutes to Temple Night Club for a party you won’t forget in a venue like no other.
When: Tuesday, September 25, 2018, 9 p.m. – 11:59 p.m.
Where: Temple Night Club
Who’s Invited: RSVP here
Party at Temple Night Club, Wednesday Night
To close out the conference with a bang, join Salesloft and LeanData at Temple Night Club for the second night in a row.
When: Wednesday, September 26, 2018, 10 p.m. – 2 a.m.
Where: Temple Night Club
Who’s Invited: Request your spot now
Who Should Attend Ops-Stars?
If you’re involved in sales, marketing or revenue ops and want to learn how to follow the money, Ops-Stars is for you, period.
Ops-Stars for Sales/Marketing Ops
Attend sessions and hear speakers that show how it’s done. Walk away from our events with new ideas and thinking that will actually help back in the office. Plus, meet other like-minded Ops-Stars and expand your network.
Ops-Stars for Sales Leaders
Learn how to up-level your team and leverage technology to meet those ambitious growth targets. There’s no better place to meet and see how the top performing sales organizations get it done.
Ops-Stars for Marketing Leaders
Find out how to build campaigns as good as gold. Come listen to what the best minds in demand generation and marketing operations are thinking for 2018 and beyond, and stay up-to-date on the latest trends in marketing technology.
Ops-Stars for Demand Gen Leaders
There’s treasure in your database, and you can find it. Hear from some of the top analysts and practitioners and learn how to engage B2B buyers and drive pipeline. Don’t miss out on the chance to see the newest tech in attribution, reporting and lead nurturing.
How to Stay Connected During Ops-Stars
If you’re planning to attend Ops-Stars (or if you can’t make it this year but still want to follow the excitement on social), just use our official event hashtag, #OpsStars.
And don’t forget to check us out on social so you can stay up-to-date and connect with other attendees:
You can also follow Karen Steele, LeanData’s own CMO, who will be sending out periodic updates from the event:
See a speaker you’re particularly excited about? Follow them, too, as they’ll likely be sending out their own updates and comments throughout the conference.
Ready to be a part of the future of ops? Register for free today.
We hope to see you there!
About the Author
Maile leads LeanData’s demand gen, marketing ops, and field marketing efforts. A Bay Area native, Maile grew up surfing waves in Half Moon Bay. She earned her MBA while living abroad in Australia and her bachelor's at UC Santa Barbara. Today, she applies her expertise to growing and expanding demand for LeanData.More Content by Maile Johnson